Professional Year Programs
Professional Years are available for international students who have completed studies in Australia in one of the following disciplines:
- Information Technology
The programs are at least 44 weeks in duration. This includes a 12-week internship within a host company as well as some classroom studies. The objective of the program is to enhance your employment opportunities in Australia.
Benefits of Professional Year – Migration Purposes
The Professional Year is also beneficial for migration purposes – in particular:
- Completion of the Professional Year will result in 5 points in the General Skilled Migration Points Test
- For Accountants, the Professional Year is an alternative to the usual English language requirement for skills assessment (7 in each band of Academic IELTS or equivalent)
- For IT Professionals, the Professional Year is an alternative to the usual work experience requirement for skills assessment (12 months post-qualification work experience in IT)
To be eligible for this program, applicants must:
- Hold a 485 Temporary Resident visa for Skilled Migration or have applied for the 485 visa
- Completed a Higher Education program in Australia requiring at least 2 academic years of study in your field
For more information please feel free to book a consultation with one of our advisors.